Which energy pathways and organs are targeted when working on the Earth Element?
Which Yin Yoga sequence can help you balance the Earth Element?
– Reclining butterfly
– Happy baby
– Half saddle
– Sphinx variation with knee out to side
– Reclining twist
– Final relaxation and meditation
– Hold each pose for 3-5 min.
– Take rebound (break) of 1-2 min in between each of them: rebound can be in child’s pose, savasana shape or any other comfortable pose for you
What are the benefits of having a well-nourished Earth Element?
– It helps us to develop a feeling of Grounded-ness and Belonging.
– A sense of being fully embodied, whole.
– Improve the balance in ourselves and our relationships.
What is the Earth Element affiliated with on an emotional level?
– The Earth Element is commonly affiliated with the worrying or rumination process.
– When our minds are busy over-thinking it hinders us from being grounded and impairs harmony between the mind-body connection.
What is the Earth Element associated with on a physical level?
– The Spleen (not the same as Western medical spleen), is related to the digestive system.
– A person with a poor digestive system usually cannot think clearly, hence the importance of a well-functioning Spleen.
What is the Earth Element affiliated with on a mental level?
– A person with a well-functioning Spleen, tend to feel more centred and grounded.
– This enables us to reduce stress.
– It helps to keep life in perspective when it gets tough, and that can help maintain optimal physical health.
– Thinking is also endowed to the Earth Element; therefore, over studying can result in a compromised Earth Element. As one of my TCM teachers says, studying drinks the blood.